I cannot believe that I have been writing this blog for two years. How time flies. It seems just yesterday that I began this gluten free, dairy free journey. I have learned a lot about not only living a gluten free lifestyle but also a lot about blogging. I would like to share my insights with all of you.
- Find your own writing style. You will grow into it as time goes on. Don’t try to emulate anyone else. Your true self will shine through in time.
- It takes time to grow your audience. Wordpress has a wonderful community of bloggers who will support your efforts.
- Once you have established your blog, you can grow your audience with Adwords. I believe it is worth the small investment it takes to reach a wider, worldwide audience.
- Don’t clog your blog up with ads. Most people find them annoying. If I land on a blog that has a lot of flash ads, I tend to leave that site.
- On that same note, don’t expect to get rich. Blog because you love it, and want to get your message out there.
- You can blog about anything you wish. You can make it public or private. You don’t need experience, and you can have a free blog. Don’t let anything stop you from expressing yourself.
- Take some free WordPress classes. There are numerous topics, and taking them will help you to learn about how WordPress works, and how you can get more comfortable using it.
- If you are thinking of moving your blog to wordpress.org, do your homework. Most widgets cost extra. You might lose subscribers. You have to do your own website maintenance. These are just some of the pitfalls. But you will also maintain complete control of your content and will be able to grow. It’s an individual decision.
- I do believe WordPress premium is worth the $99 per year cost, if for no other reason than to be able to chat with experts when you have a problem or question.