My gluten free weight loss journey, week 4

I have to confess, I have gotten a bit lax with my eating habits this week.  My weight is holding steady for now.

We got a digital scale, only to find it was 5.5 pounds too heavy.  We tested a container of 20-pound cat litter to see if it was accurate.  I thought a digital scale would be more accurate; it isn’t.  But it’s getting really hard to read those small little lines on our manual scale.

We are getting ready for our trip to Virginia this weekend.  I have been saving left over chicken, lamb and pork chops to take with me in my trusty cooler.  Best thing I ever bought.  We will be spending at least 10 hours in the car, if not more.  I am bringing snacks and sandwiches with me, as we won’t be stopping for lunch or dinner, in order to save time on the road.  At this point, I am not worried about losing weight, only not being hungry.

The real work will begin once we return, and join Weight Watchers.  It will be a challenge, but I am determined to succeed.

We have been trying to walk at least 3/4 of a mile every day.  We will work toward increasing that steadily.  But the hot Tennessee summer is making it a bit difficult to walk.  At least the humidity here is not too bad compared with the North East.

I will try to write at least one post while I am vacationing, but it depends on the wifi and my having to type on my iPad.   I will resume my regular posting once we return.

It should be a fun trip!

11 Comments Add yours

1. Raylene says:

Did the 20# cat litter tub weigh 20# on the old scale? If not, then your 5.5# difference may be due to the fact that the cat litter container’s weight would be additional to the 20# of actual cat litter.

1. glutenfreelady says:

You know I never checked it. Good point. We’re subtracting 5.5 from the weight on the scale we weighed the litter on, not the old one.

2. Jessica says:

Sounds like a great vacation. Love how you’re taking your own food. Smart. Have a great time.

1. glutenfreelady says:

Thanks!

Liked by 1 person

1. Jessica says:

You’re welcome. We’re leaving for vacation tomorrow and I sure didn’t think ahead like you did. I’ll have to wing it and hope we can find places I can eat on the way. 😊😊

2. glutenfreelady says:

Try these two sites:
        Findmeglutenfree.com and glutenfreeregistry.com. You can plug in your location and find safe places to eat.
        Bring safe snacks like bars and fruit. Have a wonderful safe trip!

Liked by 1 person

3. Jessica says:

Wow thank you. I’ll do that. We are about 60 north of Jackson MS right now. Hope your trip is going well.

4. glutenfreelady says:

My pleasure. I’ve actually decided to stay home.

Liked by 1 person

5. Jessica says:

Well, have a great weekend. We made it to Ocean Springs, MS. I downloaded the Find Me Gluten Free app. So, thanks!

6. glutenfreelady says:

You’re welcome! Have a great trip!

Liked by 1 person