Nothing says comfort like a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold day. But if you are dairy intolerant, that cup of Swiss Miss can wreak havoc on your tummy.
Not to worry; I have a delicious, easy, dairy free recipe for you. This is for one serving, but can easily be multiplied. You can find the original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa, sugar and salt in a small saucepan
- Whisk in 4 tablespoons of milk of choice until cocoa is dissolved
- heat over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally until hot
- stir in vanilla
- Serve with marshmallows or whipped dairy free cream if desired.
This beats Swiss Miss hands down. I have not tried this in the microwave, but it might be a possibility.
Try this on a really cold day!