Sometimes you just want a brownie. You just have to satisfy that chocolate craving. I found a delicious, easy, gluten free brownie recipe I would like to share with you.
Here is the original recipe.
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
I used grapeseed oil and left out the coffee ( I can’t tolerate it). I used dairy free chocolate chips, and no walnuts (I’m allergic)
Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. Beat oil and sugars in large bowl until well combined.
4. Whisk in eggs until fully incorporated.
5. Mix vanilla and instant coffee in separate small bowl until coffee granules are fully dissolved.
6. Add vanilla and coffee mixture to large bowl and beat for about two minutes.
7. Stir together cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl.
8. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until smooth.
9. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
10. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes. To check if brownies are done, insert toothpick into center of pan. If toothpick comes out clean, brownies are ready to eat!
11. Let brownies cool completely before you cut them.
I did not use my Kitchen Aid mixer for this. I mixed the batter up in a bowl. If I did this again, I would add the wet ingredients to the cocoa powder to avoid a cloud of chocolate puffing into the air- I would probably use the mixer. I had a hard time incorporating the cocoa powder. It acts just like flour in this recipe. I just mixed the vanilla with the eggs since I didn’t use coffee.
I used an 8X8 baking pan lined with parchment. I did not grease the parchment-it’s not necessary as it is already non-stick.
These brownies are very fudge like. I baked these for about 35 minutes as the pan was smaller than the one called for and the batter was thicker. I let them cool almost till completely cooled off, then cut them. I put them into the fridge for storage. I heated the brownie for about six seconds in the microwave just to warm it up a bit.
These are delicious. I would definitely make these again.